A leader in the retail industry, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a Senior Brand Manager to develop both brand and product development strategies. Develops annual communication and promotional Programmes and executes them to drive higher awareness, sales and share of Private Brands. Works with suppliers on new business development, new product development and sourcing aspects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree/NQF level 7 in Business Management, Business Administration, Marketing
- 3-5 Years FMCG/CPG, Retail or Manufacturer within a Sport and/or Health Equipment industry
- 3-5 Years Category Management, Brand Management, Product Management, Market, Product Development and Sourcing and Supply
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Background should include consumer focused category, brand and product development.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and achieve budgets
- Ability to analyse and convert large amounts of data into insights and recommendations
- In depth understanding of how categories integrate within account
- Familiarity with how international brokerage integrates within the industry
- In depth understanding of the industry and retailer competitive environment
- Proven track record of developing talent and ability/willingness to mentor employees
- Highly effective in building and maintaining customer and employee relationships
- Ability to write brand strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programmes (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)