A leader in the Insurance space, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a Senior Communication Specialist to develop and implement integrated, strategically aligned marketing solutions and delivers marketing, PR, communications and brand projects. The incumbent operationalises strategy through project management and delivers within budget, applying best practice marketing principles and leveraging key partnerships internally and externally. In addition, the role provides specialist communication advice to stakeholders.
- Client Communication which includes writing and editing promotional literature, product/corporate brochures, fund sales aids, thought leadership articles, investment and market commentaries, client letters, newsletters and e-mail communication. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to manage marketing initiatives such as product/strategy launches, fund campaigns, and review client communication.
- Lead, develop and implement the communication strategy for the asset management business.
- Act as the primary investment content developer for the asset management business and liaise with portfolio managers and product specialists in terms of developing investment content.
- Develop marketing positioning and materials for new and existing products/initiatives. This involves working with product specialists/portfolio managers and other experts in the business on key positioning and the investment case for new products and developing appropriate launch material and other marketing collateral.
- Review existing collateral to ensure that messaging and content remains relevant and up to date and continue to provide a true and fair reflection of the fund.
- Act as primary interface with PMs / product specialists to ensure that we provide to clients up to date and relevant investment commentary and insight on key market developments. This will be both on a reactive and proactive basis and will be both short-term tactical and more strategic insight.
- Work with Technical Marketing and Distribution to better understand and communicate the competitor positioning of our funds and strategies.
- Review client communication e.g. letters and other fund documentation from the communications team in business
Bachelor's Degree: BA / B.Comm in Marketing / Communications or other relevant qualifications. An Honours degree is preferred
Relevant financial markets qualification – e.g. Bachelors in Investment Management, Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - Financial Analysis and Portfolio Management
CFA/Masters in Economics qualification will be an advantage but is not required
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ experience in Marketing, PR, Communications in Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of content marketing and exposure to marketing project management.
- Prior experience in the consumer / finance/investment/ is essential.
- Agency processes and relationships
- Critical elements of successful communication
- Time management
- Budget management
- Content marketing
- Communicate well in English both in writing and verbally
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Translating technical information into audience appropriate information
- Critically evaluate communication elements