A large Insurance company who is an industry leader, based in Johannesburgm is seeking the skills of a Quantitative Risk Management candidate who is passionate about working with numbers as well as making change in the industry.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers and senior staff members.
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction by delivering a service that is consistent, seamless and error free.
- Maintain awareness of relevant legislation and industry best practices to provide proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Retrieve and manipulate quantitative data into understandable format through extensive data mining and analysis to influence creative business solutions and provide reporting.
- Responsible for model building and interpreting models in order to minimize risk and / or maximize revenue.
- Monthly monitoring of performance of scorecards and models.
- Research into best practices regarding the development, maintenance and use of statistical and behavioural scorecards.
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies.
- Knowledge sharing within team and externally.
- To plan, build and implement innovative quantitative analytic methodologies, procedures, products and models within a broad framework in order to enhance and inform strategic decisions
- To provide analytical support and interpret insights to address business opportunities and problems. May lead a team of Quantitative Analysts and provide input in the development of Quantitative Analysts and provide input in the development of quantitative frameworks and standards. Develops core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques
- Team lead/Mentor-ship
- Self built model and implementation experience essential
- Excel (Pivot tables, running macros)
- Degree in Quantitative Risk Management or equivalent (Copy of transcripts required)