A leader in the healthcare space, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a tester to join their Digital Team.
About the Job
- To ensure that the products and solutions delivered are of the highest quality.
- To follow testing processes in order that the software and solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Practice administration and Clinical offerings are key focus areas for the existing and future business and are strategic enablers
- In this role, you will be working with two streams within Digital Team to provide Quality Assurance for development and enhancements of platforms.
- Given the limited capacity of your team and aggressive delivery of the new functionality, your way of succeeding is by working closely with requirements, design and development streams on the projects and leveraging automation testing tools.
- You will know that you have achieved this as time to market to deliver new capabilities in streams is continuously getting shorter, with a rock solid digital experience of the clients and quality assurance being an integral part
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary degree (BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, B. Com Informatics or other related technology degree) strongly preferred
- 5 years experience in software testing
- Experience with testing in agile projects
- Experience working closely with developers while writing unit tests
- Experience in pair testing
Knowledge and Skills
- Software development exposure
- Hands-on testing experience within a whole range of functional testing. including UAT, acceptance and system testing
- Very good knowledge of testing methodologies
- Test analysis knowledge
- Intermediate SQL knowledge
- Unit testing experience
- Good – very good Windows operating system knowledge
- Good understanding of PC hardware
- Basic networking skills
- Understand basic programming concepts
- Familiarity with the principles of technical design and programming, both OO and procedural
- UML – Use cases and, sequence and activity
- Risk identification
- Behaviour of software systems
- Experience with web service testing tools such as SoapUI and/or Postman
- Keep up to date with the testing industry by means of books, online content or social media platforms
- System and product knowledge would be advantageous