A leader in the Healthcare space, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a BI SQL data engineering who will be required to ensure that all data assets that are provided to both external and internal clients are accurate, complete and available to meet our businesses growing demand
Plan, Design, Implement & Maintain Scalable SSIS Data Pipelines by combining multiple data sources. Ensuring ongoing improvement of data pipeline curation processes. Analyse data & make recommendations to clean, optimize data quality and improve it to enhance or re-engineer the business process:
- Check Data Pipelines for failures and make sure they are consistent.
- Check logs and diagnose problems. Assure the Business Intelligence team has the data
- they require. Make Pipelines robust by adding monitoring and exception handling.
- Project New Pipelines - Understanding the source, the limitations of the source, missing data, data types and formats, time zones, frequency of runs, scalability and durability, the tables and views to expose the data in the warehouse.
- Handling ad hoc requests from internal data users, usually to do with missing data, new tables, duplicate data etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- T-SQL Strong
- SSIS Strong
- SSAS Useful
- SSRS Useful
- Data wrangling with Python ( Strong )
- Data Warehousing knowledge (Tabular) (advantageous)
- Power BI Desktop and Service (advantageous)
- Cloud Tools (GCP or Azure)(advantageous)
- Experience of consuming APIs (advantageous)
- Experience using GIT
Qualifications and Experience
Undergraduate degree or equivalent
At least 2 years hands-on Data Warehouse experience ranging from source ETL, through target mapping to provisioning and publication to end-user.