A leader in the logistics arena is looking for a Systems Analyst to join their branch in the East Rand of Johannesburg. The Integration Systems Analyst must have a good understanding of all of I.S. Systems (ERP and equivalent systems) with particular attention to what role each system plays within the organisation, how information contained within the applications is integrated
- A good understanding of the user functionality and business processes applicable to each system will be required.
- He/She is responsible for delivering (analysing, designing and specifying) new Information Systems solutions using existing and new standard systems, services and methodologies; integration solutions will plan a vital part of the required solutions and form the main focus of the role.
- He/she will be responsible for delivery of new solutions in a controlled and structred manner by understanding clients’ requirements, identifying gaps (if any) between clients’ requirements and system functionalities, and defining solutions to bridge the gap.
- To this end he/she will be expected to fulfill the Systems Analyst role as part of a project team by providing technical input and guidance to the team and providing accurate input relating to deliverables, milestones and costs.
- He/She will also need to work on individual requirements (non-project driven). When part of a project team he/she will need to manage a broad part of projects that require new solutions including some business analysis, design, specification, some testing and implementation.
- In certain cases development of new solution will be an asset but is not an absolute requirement.
- He/she will need to provide input into the profitability of solutions in support of the project office.
- He/she is also responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with the defined (internal and/or external) clients by identifying system needs, ensuring that the company is able to meet these needs, and ensuring that the implementation and delivery of services is effective, is received positively, meets the client's needs and can easily be scaled and adapted to future requirements.
- He/she will be a key resource when evaluation new technologies or I.s. platforms for introduction into the landscape.
B.Sc (Computer Science), B.Eng (Electronic/Electrical) or similar degree or NQF 7 equivalent
- 8 - 10 years experience in the Information Systems industry At least 5 years experience with I.S. Integration solutions
- At least 3-5 years exposure to the logistics industry (Clearing and forwarding, Wharehouseing, transport and/or supply chain management Direct experience with the Microsoft technology stack.)
- Requirements analysis and consultation.
- Solutions design including evaluation, documentation and specification of a solution with specific focus on Integration based solutions Documentation of the solution requirement specification Exposure to, if not direct experience with, IT Infrastructure design considerations, databases, servers, firewalls, etc. Development of solutions using Microsoft technologies will be advantageous