A leader in the medical field is looking for an ETL Specialist to join their team in Roodepoort, Gauteng.
Specialist ETL Developer
Internal Business Process Knowledge management:
- Gather and distribute suitable specialist or professional information
- Ensure that adequate knowledge regarding specialisation is shared as required and maintained within the research library
- Provide advice and / or training as required
- Maintain, develop and implement specialist knowledge within the day to day operations of the organisation
- Internal Business Process Continuous improvement:
- Identify, design and implement specialist improvements to the system
- Implement practical solutions that use the specialist and departmental systems and processes
- Provide specialist input and recommendations to improve the efficiency, compliance and quality objectives related to the area of specialisation
- Identify problems and develop and propose solutions to present to appropriate leader or stakeholders
- Ensure day to day operational support required from area of specialisation is provided to enhance performance
Internal Business Process Specialist support to projects:
- Implement specialist expertise and advice in projects and initiatives
- Provide Specialist expertise and ensure best practice related to specialisation is implemented in projects, when required
- Conform to project management disciplines when participating in projects
- Represent department or project on appropriate committees related to area of Finance Cost containment
- Balance service or production requirements and cost drivers
- Support the identification, development and implementation of cost-effective processes to increase efficiency and reduce cost drivers related to area of specialisation
- Continuously review cost / benefit and Return On Investment within area of Customer Drive customer-centricity:
- Drive understanding of and ability to meet customer expectations
- Maintain a high level of impact on other departments to support improved delivery
- Continually increase understanding of client and stakeholder needs, satisfaction and service delivery
Customer Network key relationships:
- Maintain and build network of experts
- Engage with and provide support to the established network of internal and external expert resources and partners
Learning and Growth Maintain expertise level:
- Ensure continual self development and maintenance of specialist accreditation
- Be a member of related professional bodies
- Ensure CPD (continual professional development) or similar accreditation requirements are met annually to ensure maintained specialist accreditation
- Specialists that evaluate and identify efficiency, compliance and quality opportunities for implementation through the application of their specialist skill in their area of influence.
- Retain ownership of the day to day customer application of the area of specialisation within the organisation.
- Job Design for Level of Work
- To develop ETL (extract, translate, load) jobs and ensure DW systems are developed and maintained in accordance to business/technical specifications and in line with required development standards.
- 2 years experience in ETL programming, understanding of database design and data/system analysis.
- 2 years data warehousing/dimensional modeling experience
- ETL tool (DataStage 8.2 or higher) and SQL knowledge essential
- Responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organization and is experienced in BI development and implementations, data architecture and data warehousing.
- Sound understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Technical ETL expertise in performing ETLs and validating results with business representatives
- Experience with enterprise integration and ETL tools
- Perform investigations on system problems e.g. debugging and provide feedback within a reasonable time
- Liaise with DBA’s in order to implement and maintain system functionality
- Support implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues
- Perform testing to ensure the quality of systems and meeting business requirements
- Analyse business/technical specifications and develop ETL processes in order to change/improve business information systems on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the change process from determining requirements through to testing to ensure completion of system enhancements and maintenance
- Compile all documentation relating to new systems or changes to existing systems, usability and maintenance