A leader in the pharmaceutical industry is looking for a Digital Architect, based in Johannesburg, who will be responsible for analyzing the digital requirements, specifying the architectures and digital technologies across the business value chains. This person must have experience in the area of Digital Prototyping and be familiar with using Design thinking, Design sprints, Agile and Lean methodologies for specifying and prototyping digital solutions. Must be able to map digital business capabilities as part of future state architecture for a digital enterprise and develop the digital solution architectures for the digital journeys. Must have experience in delivering on digital and IT transformation projects working at the enterprise level to effectively drive people, process and technology change.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Update the digital vision and identify the opportunities for differentiating and enhancing digital capabilities and solutions.
- Lead the development of the digital business strategy and road map and ensures its integration with the enterprise strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans.
- Be the Technical Lead on “Digital Transformation” programmes.
- Architecting digital capabilities and solutions using business architecture approaches
- Lead the process to identify and evaluate internal digital asset capabilities and strengths.
- Provide design governance and architectural oversight for all digital initiatives on transformation projects.
- Work with the technology teams to drive out new digital strategies and technology innovations for the organization
- Facilitate Product Discovery and Product Innovation workshops with business stakeholders to elicit customer centric requirements and map technical solutions
- Apply solution and systems engineering approaches to execute and deliver real working solutions that meet client expectations
Accountable for Operational Deliverables
- Develop Digital Business Architecture models
- Facilitate Product discovery workshops with product teams
- Run Digital POC’s and create digital prototypes
- Design Digital Ecosystem Architectures and roadmaps
- Develop Solution architecture designs for digital initiatives
- Guide Technical delivery teams so that quality designs are produced that meet the business and architectural requirements
- Primary Work Arrangements
- This role will report to the CTO / Head of Architecture
- This role will be expected to work with key business stakeholders and managers as well as leverage subject matter experts within operational teams in any needed technical area to formulate the Digital Business Architectures.
- This role will collaborate with Business constituents, other Architecture and technical team members, project teams and staff in various business units and IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- This role will be expected to follow required Project Management, SDLC and IT Governance & compliance processes, insuring that all proper handoffs, checklists, approvals and documentation are completed.
- This role will be expected to be governed by the Enterprise Architecture in the development of all architectural concepts, strategies, patterns, solutions, designs & technology standards.
- The role must be expected to develop innovative fit for purpose architectures, focused on customer centric design and speed to value using agile solution engineering approaches
- The Digital Solution Architect/Engineering role defines a shared technical and architectural vision for the Solution under development. The role will participate in determining the system, subsystems, and interfaces; validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives.
Education and Training and Experience
- Detailed in depth Knowledge of IT Enterprise & Solution Architecture Frameworks with emphasis on Business architecture i.e. Knowledge of TOGAF, SOA, BPM, Agile SDLC etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following new age Digital Business platforms and technologies such as robotics automation, Microservices and API’s, IoT, AI and Analytics etc.
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery practices etc.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Methodologies etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years of design and implementation experience in IT
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
Key Behaviors and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a technical leader
- Track record for remaining unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor; and being more interested in results than personal preferences
- Motivation that is focused on long-term results