A leader in the mining sector is seeking a Geologist to join their organisation within the Johannesburg region
- Grade 12 (Required);
- B.Sc Honours in Geology NQF level 8 (Required).
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) years general operational geology and mining experience hard rock, iron ore mining environment (Required);
- Accreditation with the South African Council for Natural Scientist (Required);
- Membership with the Geological Society of South Africa (Required);
- Valid code B driving license (Required).
- Technical: Geological Formation and Rock Types, Ground Water And Water Tables, Rehabilitation Regulations, Environmental Impact Studies And Regulations And Requirements And Interpretation Of Geologic Models.
- Compile annual operational, capex and labour budgets;
- SHERQ adherence and compliance;
- Implement improvement and change initiatives;
- Performance management;
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships;
- Conduct geological mapping, capture it on the system and create maps;
- Create exploration plan and schedule exploration;
- Conduct geological interpretation and modelling;
- Update geological data continuously;
- Provide inputs for database creation and management;
- Pit grade control of iron ore to plant from blast;
- Provide inputs and assistance with mine planning;
- Conduct resource reserve evaluation for raw material deposits, projects and various sites;
- Conduct periodic reconciliation and predictions.
The successful incumbent will be appointed subject to being certified medically fit as per the Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996 and meeting the requirements of the Company’s Code of Practice – Minimum Standards of Fitness to perform work at a Mine. He/she may also undergo a psychometric assessment.