A leader in the Insurance space, based in Johannesburg, is seeking an ETL Developer to supervise, lead and ETL development team and participate in development activities; Advise on Data warehouse and ETL architecture; Advise and embed best practices into team way of working
- Serve as the Lead of ETL activities to support projects
- Work closely with project Business Analysts, Data Modeler and ETL developers to ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and data requirements
- Work closely with Head of BI to develop and update the work plans for ETL team and to keep the manager aware of any critical task issues and dependencies on other teams
- Managing and coordinating the time and activities of the ETL development team
- Supervise, lead and assist the creation of the data integration layer
- Perform checkpoints/reviews on ETL designs and code being created by the ETL developers
- Lead Unit and Integration Testing activities and assist in User Acceptance Testing as needed
- Understands and implements best practices for data integration, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to lead meetings with technical peers regarding the solution designs
- Experience in tuning and optimization of ETL jobs and SQL queries
- Experience in physical database design
- Be able to architect, design and develop ETL jobs and data integration jobs
- Have a hands-on approach to solving problems
- Have deep knowledge of data architectures, ODSs, Data warehouses and methodologies
- Train and coach junior and senior ETL developers
- Have a basic knowledge of working in Agile
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information.
- Plan for anticipated demand and the scheduling of work in order to improve efficiency and meet current and future demands.
- Manage, maintain, and develop the enterprise data warehouse and manage a team of ETL developers to implement new capability as defined by the business. Including, Evaluating and appropriately implementing data warehouse technology and best practices according to business requirements.
- Design data processes and data delivery strategies.
- Develop and grow the data integration and data management capability in order to deliver appropriate, reliable and consistent solutions
- Recruit, develop and retain ETL dev skills. Ensure that people development and knowledge empowerment is imperative with special focus on succession planning and diversity management
- Develop an information orientation within the group in order to ensure that business and BI are aligned in order to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. An equivalent combination of direct related education and experience may be substituted.
- At least 7 years overall experience in ETL development
- At least 3 years experience as a senior ETL Developer
- Experience in managing complex ETL dev teams and complex business functions in a dynamic environment.