A leader in the healthcare industry, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a brand manager. The role will be responsible for setting Group guidelines, principles and policies, and ensuring appropriate implementation in each territory by providing support where required. In South Africa, the incumbent will be responsible for overall implementation and execution.
Brand and Marketing Management
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the overall brand; performing trend analyses on competition and market evolution; where necessary, recommend changes.
- Ensuring a fit for purpose brand, i.e. designing the global brand architecture and any resulting Group and territory brand strategies.
- Continuously ensure that brand strategies maximize their contribution to the corporate strategy.
- Identify ways to measure brand and sub-brand strength and track over time.
- Manage brand review, the marketing plan and budget planning process.
- Manage brand related projects.
- Recommend marketing strategies and action plans to improve competitiveness of the brands and achieve agreed brand objectives.
- Continuously looking for new initiatives, opportunities and challenges to enhance the portfolio.
- Communicate effectively with Exco teams, own team, finance and other business and functional departments.
- Cooperate with strategic agencies to ensure most effective budget spend and added value.
- Manage a team of direct reports, empowering team members to support the full marketing mix, including large-scale brand activation programs, sponsorships, hosted events, internal engagement, sector marketing and corporate responsibility to ensure tactics are aligned and consistent with the company’s business plan and priorities.
- Managing the marketing function efficiently to budget as well as seeking additional efficiencies on an ongoing basis (internal, agencies, refocusing work and appropriate allocations etc.).
Marketing & Sales
- Collaborative partnership with the territory business development and doctor relationship management teams etc. to improve on marketing & sales efforts, leverage best practice, measure and track accordingly.
- Setting and maintaining standards and guidance, providing input and advice on relevant matters for all media matters for all territories in the Group.
- Serve as the company spokesperson to the media and general public, issuing press releases, arranging interviews, and compiling press kits.
- Manage journalist interaction and request management.
- End to end development of the evolving Group narrative, CSI and enterprise development promotion through formal communications and media visibility as well as ensuring territory alignment with regard to initiative selection and execution.
- Custodian of the brand in external media.
- Developing and maintaining a practical marketing approach (including social media).
- Accountable for all CEO-related media engagement and communications.
- Full accountability for crisis and complaints management by facilitating, framing and supporting formal responses.
- Partnering with the Investor Relations offices, to ensure aligned timeous and seamless messaging to all relevant audiences.
- Building the reputation of the brand, through creating marketing strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand recognition and customer satisfaction.
- Guide and manage the team strategically as well as be operationally involved e.g. writing, proof-reading content etc.
- Developing and delivering on an external communication’s strategy.
- Developing and maintaining a stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Responsible for communications in collaboration with the doctor stakeholder department and the business.
- Maintaining and updating the external website.
- Managing the internal communications channels, distribution of executive messages, preparation of presentations and internal memos.
- Partnering with HR to ensure aligned messaging, style and appropriate support to holistic employee engagement.
- Developing print materials and branding strategies for employee use.
- Creating content that both engages employees and keeps stockholders informed about business decisions.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or public relations.
- Strong leadership skills.
- 7 -10 years of integrated marketing experience.
- Well rounded understanding of business issues and comprehensive experience in identifying and delivering strategies.
- Ability to make sound business decisions that balance a variety of factors in a complex operating environment to ultimately achieve optimal outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of the communications function within a listed company.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content.