A leader in the Insurance space is looking for a BI Business Analyst to be based in Cape Town. The Business Intelligence (BI) business analyst is responsible for understanding the business and the supporting business processes. The right individual will have some exposure in all stages of BI project work (SDLC). The BI business analyst should have a firm grasp of BI information delivery methods (reports, information extracts etc)
- Analysis and Communication Skills
- Engage with business and facilitate workshops
- Excellent documentation skills
- Own and drive implementation of solutions representing the client and their requirements through the SDLC process
- The BI business analyst must have an affinity to understand the business and their supporting business processes to ensure that the final output meets the business needs
- Engage with business representatives at all levels to perform requirements gathering
- Interact with systems analysts, systems architects and developers to understand data sources.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Transform business requirements into a visual/ mock
- Conduct data analysis and data profiling.
- Facilitate definition of business key performance metrics.
- Documenting of business and technical requirements.
- Own customer requirements end to end, ensure that BI solutions meet business needs
- Perform thorough testing of outputs using SQL.
- Drive delivery of required outputs.
- Manage overall quality of final outputs delivered to business.
- Perform impact and gap analysis based on requirement
- Develop subject matter expertise in both business processes and data sources.
- Provide support to the development team members.
- Manage competing resources and priorities.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Establish and maintain BI Business Analysis standards and procedures.
- Manage timelines, communication and feedback to all stakeholders.
- Training of users and ongoing support
The BI business analyst should understand and have exposure in the various technologies needed to implement BI solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in gathering and documenting business and technical requirements
- Experience in writing business, functional and technical specifications, process flows and source-to-target maps.
- Ability to understand entity-relationship diagrams, normalized and de-normalized structures
- Excellent SQL query writing ability.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Data manipulation, storytelling and visualization
- Experience in Excel Pivot
- 3+ years’ experience in Business Analysis preferably in Business Intelligence field
- NDip Information Tech/BCOM Informatics / BSC Computer Science
- Business Intelligence certifications will be an added advantage