A leader in the Insurnace space is seeking an ICT Project Management Specialist, to be based in Johannesburg
Reviewing project plans to determine time-frame, budget limitations, procedures for accomplishing scheduled work, staffing and administrative requirements and allocation of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Establishing work plans and staffing for the different phases of projects including the assignment of duties, responsibilities and scope of authority for project personnel.
- Directing and coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progress within time and cost and resource budgets.
- Participating in preparing financial and administrative-related plans for projects and securing the endorsement of all stakeholders.
- Preparing and coordinating staffing and all project-related administrative requirements to ensure proper logistical support for the execution of the project.
- Analyzing business requirements to propose and recommend procedures applicable to the business environment and conducive to the achievement of the project objectives.
- Identifying opportunities to simplify, improve or redesign procedures and submitting recommendations in this regard.
- Configuring, managing and supervising the implementation of assigned projects to ensure optimal utilization of resources within budgeted timeframes.
- Reviewing and studying status reports prepared by project engineers and modifying schedules or plans as required.
- Coordinating the preparation and delivery of project deliverables to the Operations Manager for approval including, design documents, cost estimates, schedules and works plans.
- Managing and updating of the Master Project plan.
- Overseeing the function of the project management office.
- Leading and managing subordinates and conducting regular management meetings.
- Preparing periodic reports for submission to the operations manager.
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the Operations Manager from time to time.
Qualifications & Skills
- A bachelor's degree in computer science/information technology.
- A project management qualification e.g. Prince 2. /PMBOK.
Skills & Competencies
- A solid and integrated understanding of the ICT infrastructure environment.
- Well established and proven project management skills in the ICT environment.
- The gravitas and EQ and AQ and interpersonal relationships to communicate & to influence & to persuade & negotiate at all levels with all stakeholders.
- Well-developed & proven management & leadership competencies.
- A demonstrable strategic thinking capability.
- Demonstrable well-developed and proven analytical skills.
- Identifiable organisation and business nous.
- Solid project management experience in the ICT arena.
- A solid technical ICT background.
- Experience in the financial services environment and especially the insurance environment will be advantageous.
- Professional know-how and experience of large developments and technical projects implementation.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of PMBOK and/or Prince 2.