A leader in the financial services sector is seeking a DevOps engineer, to be based in Johannesburg. The ideal candidate will be able to perform well in a difficult complex environment
- AWS or any cloud platform
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Coding background - Python
- Java web applications
- Build and maintain development and production environments to support continued product growth.
- Make use of source control systems (Jenkins, Git).
- Make use of Docker for containerisation.
- Work on a majority of different DevOps toolsets (API gateway, Nexus, Ansible, Jenkins, VMWare, Kibana, Python, etc).
- Work with databases (Hadoop, Spark, Postgres).
- Participate in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings.
- Provide guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits.
- Create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
- Developing and building IT solutions.
- Install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements.
- Assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
- Use and extend environment and product automation technologies and to support the local development teams work - in production and development environments.
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology.