Senior Manager - Global Merchant sales: Driving sales to become the leading payment player for all global merchants looking to collect in Africa via a single integration.
These businesses are spread all over the world from Asia to Europe to the America’s with a few operating out of Africa.
- Account management and engagement team – for day to day account operations and monetisation
- Product team – Providing feedback from the market/customers on new features, product improvements, new products etc.
- Legal – Minimising the Turn Around Time of contract from draft to signature internally
- Finance – to ensure pricing is optimised with commercials that deliver high margins
- Country Managers – supporting in-country merchant requirements
- Treasury- Ensure we are offering competitive FX solutions to the merchant, competitive settlement, optimise FX margins where applicable
- Customer Implementations team – Working closely with the account management team to ensure rapid, high quality implementations for all new merchants.
- Selling payment solutions to large businesses/ organizations operating globally looking for solutions to collect from their customers in Africa.
- Thought leader on Payments in Africa and master communicator on the rapidly changing infrastructure – payments, internet penetration, data prices, young-upwardly mobile consumers and a growing middle class strengthening the case for the global organizations to play in Africa.
- Build a healthy pipeline, working on the right accounts to onboard on the Payment gateway across e-commerce, airlines, e-travel, social and search etc.
- Negotiating deals and close contracts.
- Build a long-term trustful relation with your merchants.
- Creating personal contact with your merchants/prospects
- Working directly with decision makers in large organizations and possess the know how to tell an appealing story to get them interested in using client’s services.
- Work together with implementation and account management teams to deliver customer delight
- Co-ordinate and facilitate contracting review and sign-off internally
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for a business or technology related field
- 5+ years’ experience working in commercial, sales, account management, business development in a high-performance organization selling enterprise solutions & or payment solutions
- Proven prior experience in a sales/ business development role working for a payment company with international reach is an added advantage
- Track record of building a high-performing Human Resources and Talent Management team over time
- Expert knowledge of the payment industry & Fintech
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and demonstrated ability as a problem solver