A leader in the fleet space, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a SQL Developer to join their team. The successful candidate will be required to perform high level analysis, investigations and resolves all 3rd and 4th Line Support queries on behalf of the development team .
- Investigate Incidents / Tickets logged to the Development Support team regarding data discrepancies, queries and develop temporary workarounds when or where needed
- Identify recurring issues (issue trends) in order to assist with incident /problem management
- Identify possible new features for future developments
- Document and escalate incidents and logging bug fixes to Developers
- Ensure that all assigned Incidents / Tickets are actioned and cleared daily, updated accurately, reassigned or closed appropriately, and are delivered to business standards within SLA
- Assist development teams to identify system issue trends and present corrective actions with any eye on reducing Incidents / Tickets and maintenance work
- Provide technical guidance for junior members of the team and create periodic status reports for management
- Maintain, manage and update technical system documentation
- SQL query writing including stored procedures for use by team to assist in query resolution
- Perform root cause analysis on Incidents / Tickets
- Work in close relationship with the software developers in resolving issues and support preparation for released software.
- Actively drive a culture of positive customer engagements with a view on customer centricity.
- Share operational knowledge with the Development and 1st & 2nd line support teams to enhance supportability and quality of the develop applications.
- Assist IT infrastructure to effectively monitor applications, system processes and hardware for automated monitoring, failure detection and measuring service delivery and quality levels.
- Assist with document applications, systems and processes to facilitate knowledge sharing and training into the business
- National Diploma in IT/B.SC Computer Science / Engineering.
- 5 years solid experience in Microsoft /Oracle SQL, a formal Microsoft and/or Oracle SQL qualification is a firm requirement.
- 5 plus years’ experience in Computer Applications, System or Database support is non-negotiable
- Career based or IT related certifications would be an advantage.
- Strong SQL query writing skills, preferably working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and Microsoft T-SQL, and SQL query optimisation.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with source control tools such as Microsoft TFS and GIT would be advantageous.
- Experience in coding Frameworks, Standard practices and source code configuration management.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- 3 plus years’ experience in Development or Microsoft /Oracle SQL database production support