A leader in the financial services space, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a Data Analyst to move into their Africa space developing pricing and finance models.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or implement tools for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets.
- Develop relationships with external data and analytics vendors and interact with as needed.
- Use statistical analysis, predictive modelling and machine learning within analytical strategy design to solve real-world problems.
- Manipulate, clean, validate and analyze existing structured and unstructured datasets, large and small, from a variety of sources.
- Create new data that will add value to the data mining function.
- Monitor and evaluate implemented strategies and models.
- Communicate findings and make recommendations to stakeholders across the business.
- Develop highly accurate predictive, empirical rules and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise to detect claim fraud, premium collection, forecasting, churn models, segmentation models and regression models.
- BCom Degree (Mathematics and Statistics) or BCom Degree (Mathematics and Economics)