A leader in the healthcare industry, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a Data Manager. The incumbent will be responsible to lead and manage data, analytics and strategic information responsibilities, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. To liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and provide technical support to improve the routine health information system
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership in Data and Analytics
- Lead the continuous development and implementation of the Data and Analytics Strategic Plan
- Active participation in the senior management team
- Provide guidance and tools to the senior management team to entrench a data driven approach in program implementation
- Lead and manage the Data and Analytics Team
- Manage and mentor the data teams
- Manage the lifecycle of data and information, ensuring capturing of data, maintaining, and presenting data and information that accurately measures performance
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive, performance-based programs
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and managing a technical team composed of several technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats including visualizations;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes
- Demonstrated written, presentation and communication skills in English.