A leader in the gaming and entertainment arena, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a Technical Project Manager to serve as the central point of contact for all Casino Development Partners, and to develop and maintain effective client relationships with them.
Extra information for more understanding:
- This department’s function is to deliver games where they rely on external studios to assist in creating games and then integrate these games internally.
- This role involves a lot of relationship building and can to a certain degree see it as an Account Manager role.
- The technical side comes in with acting as the first level of support for trouble shooting
- Familiarity with integrations are required, having worked with technologies in the past.
- CAPM qualification will be advantageous but not prerequisite.
- Past Project Management exposure with SDLC exposure is essential.
- Develop and Maintain Dev Partner Relationships: Communicates regularly with Dev Partners to develop and maintain effective relationships. Effectively determines Dev Partners needs and expectations
- Manage Dev Partner Operations and Issues: Liaises with assigned offshore team/s on a daily basis to keep up-to-date. Effectively analyses Dev Partner operational issues as and when required.
- Manage Projects: Defines Project Scope by meeting with the Project stakeholders to determine and agree on the project scope. Ensures that the project constraints and scope are identified, documented, and agreed by all relevant stakeholders and team members and manages to this scope. Schedule time with Internal Resources. Negotiates and agrees high level participation of relevant resources in the area/areas affected/impacted by project. Develops and manages the project plan/s in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders and team members. Ensures the project is successfully deployed to "live" on Deployment date. Ensures all deployment issues are dealt with.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people including Technical Teams, other PM’s and internal and external stakeholders. Facilitates agreement and uses sound rationale to explain value of actions. Establishes good interpersonal relationships.
- Quality: Drives quality improvements with integration partners and internal teams.
- Effective Communication, MS Office
- Stress Tolerance Dealing with multiple project deadlines
- Project Management experience within a Software / IT environment advantageous
- Customer service experience
- Exposure to E-Commerce advantageous
- High Responsibility/Accountability
- Task Variety Working on several different tasks or projects
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree; Project Management Qualification
- 24/7 Client Availability (depending on operational requirements)
- Understanding of Business Objectives
- Business Acumen
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Environmental support and troubleshooting