A leader in the Insurance space, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a Life Actuary to form part of the team which is in the process of developing and implementing IFRS17 modelling. The successful applicant will be involved in all stages of the model development, from a critical analysis and understanding of the Standard to the modelling and communication of results to stakeholders.
- Attaining a detailed technical understanding of the IFRS17 Standards to aid in internal decision making and communication with auditors.
- Modelling the impact of the IFRS17 Standards for Life and Investment business with a particular focus on the impact of the Standard on transition in the short-term.
- Providing input and guidance in the modelling of IFRS17.
- Measuring the expected financial impact of a number of key decisions and communicating results with senior management to aid in the decision making process.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in the Accounting and Systems teams as the model and processes are implemented.
- Additional ad-hoc technical investigations and reports as required by senior management.
Education and Experience
- Matric with Mathematics
- Relevant Bachelor’s/Honours degree in Actuarial Science from an accredited institution
- Qualified Actuary with at least 3 years work experience
- Working experience of at least 2 years in a Valuations, SAM or IFRS17 technical role within the Life Insurance industry
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in a programming language e.g. Prophet
- Experience or understanding of the IFRS17 Standard
- Knowledge of the Life Insurance market
- Prophet modelling experience