A leader in the Insurance space, based in Centurion is looking for a Marketing Manager to join their amazing team. The ideal candidate will be in a position to develop and implement the Product and Marketing strategy and ensure alignment to the overall business strategy. This needs to be in compliance with legal requirements, policy and procedure and ethical business practice. The deliverables for this role is achieved through understanding the industry, competitor business and customer requirements and creating offerings that promote the company products and generate revenue.
- Brand Management
- Brand & Product Marketing campaigns
- External communication to customers
- Internal communication to employees
- Marketing intelligence
- Education and training
- Operational efficiency
- Supply chain (vendor) management
- Leading the function through effective collaboration and people management practices
A critical success factor to this role is relationship building skills and an ability to deal with a variety of complexities across the business, especially the unique culture and duality in executive organizational structures.
At a Functional Level, this role will be directly responsible for Brand, Acquisition, Partner and Technical Marketing, whilst having a business and strategy consolidation role within the Product Teams, Digital Marketing and Member Engagement.
- Lead the business (Management)
- Run the business (Scope)
- Innovate the business
- Grow the business
- Build the business
- The understanding of marketing as core business and not a support function in a very sales oriented environment
- High pressure environment with very tight deadlines and high volumes of work
- Managing marketing for products and activities within the marketing department.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the products in line with business unit objectives.
- Co-ordinating marketing campaigns with sales/growth activities.
- Overseeing the business units’ marketing budget.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials.
- Working closely with design agencies and assisting with new product launches.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Approve all media, digital, promotional and technical marketing material
- First line of approval for appointment of agencies/third party suppliers
- Expenditure within own budget allocation
- Annual marketing plan
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting
- Driving for results
- Creative intelligence
- Navigating complex organizational structure
- Inspiring others
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Commerce or Marketing.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in marketing.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Strong creative outlook.