A leader in the Healthcare industry is seeking a Development Manager to lead RCM stream within the Digital Team strategically and operationally. To be based in Johannesburg.
- To define and drive execution of strategy that will enable required strategic positions as quickly as possible with available resources.
- To identify and partner with digital enablers and disruptors across the industries that can further strategic objectives.
- To define and oversee the solution architecture of the RCM digital platform.
- To deliver new capabilities for RCM platform using external, internal and partner resources.
As a leadership role within the Digital Team, the purpose of this role is to create a high performance environment which is one of the most desirable places to work in the South African Healthcare IT industry.
Practice administration and RCM offerings are one of the key focus areas for the existing and future business. While the practice administration application market is mature and highly competitive, it is essential to develop best in class offering as an enabler for the long term vision.
In this role, you will be digital and technology partner to the product team. Together, you will be focusing how in the fastest and most efficient way you can build a world best offering.
Your role will be to continuously strategize on how to grow and expand the RCM offerings and close the gaps with existing leading offerings faster than anyone else on the market despite the finite resources that you have.
To be successful at this, you will need to drive this area of the business with your passion but also strong knowledge and skills in:
- Technology – you will continuously seek opportunities to leverage disruptive product development methodologies (e.g. Agile, product design, behaviour design, etc.), alternative architecture patterns (micro services, domain driven design, event sourcing, docker, kubernetes) as well as any available technologies (Cloud solutions, Machine Learning, etc.).
- Practice administration and RCM domain knowledge – broad understanding of practice administration, claiming and accounting domains and related regulatory and legislative landscape.
- General business acumen – understanding and application of the business strategies (such as platform strategy) and being able to translate and underpin with the technology strategy for the RCM platform, industry analysis, investment prioritisation and planning, etc.
In your day to day role you will act as the owner for the RCM digital platform including functional and solution architecture and continuous delivery of the new capabilities.
As a person in a leadership role in the Digital Team, you will be expected to create a highly performing team and one of the most desirable places to work in South African healthcare IT industry. You will be expected to create this environment both within the broader Digital Team as well as the team reporting into you. You will do this by leading the culture of:
- High performance and result focus.
- One team – one business.
- Growth mindset.
- Alignment and autonomy.
- Ownership of the end business outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary degree (BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related technology degree) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development industry with a diverse background in various software development disciplines (analysis, development, architecture, design, etc.)
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferable.
- Leadership and team management hands on experience.
- SCRUM and Agile development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of the practice administration, practice accounting and revenue cycle management and regulatory and legislative drivers.
- Solution, business, information and application architecture.
- Systems Thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking).
- Project and programme management planning and organisational skills.
- Team management.
- Supplier and partner management.
- In-depth functional and technical understanding of software development, technical architectures and leadership.
- High level of professional flexibility and openness to innovative new ideas.
- Ability to think outside of the obvious or traditional solution or norms.
- Client (internal and external) service orientation.
- Ability to self-manage, self-organise and work autonomously.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with less clarity and certainty.
- Flexibility to interact in a broader environment where various stakeholders have different cultures, skills, abilities or different approaches in working towards a set goal.
- Strong ability and willingness to learn and have an open mindedness to different approaches, ideas and points of view.
- Ability to recognise the constructive feedback in any critique.
- Experience in working with remote teams where distance, language or other barrier that may be a challenge.
- Growth mindset attitude.
- Continual learning and self-development.
- Modern SDLC approaches (e.g. Agile, etc.).
- Technologies, methodologies and or architecture patterns relevant to the current and ?future direction ? of the RCM platform:
- Spring framework
- Rest / SOAP Web services
- Jasper Reports (or other)
- JBoss / Wildfly
- HTML & CSS
- New web technologies like Angular, React
- Cloud (Azure, GCP, or AWS)
- Leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical stakeholders may understand.