Responsible for the definition, design and interpretation of technical architecture artefacts taken from user requirements specifications or in direct discussions with the business, to create a solutions architecture to meet business requirements.
- Define the target architectures, and the roadmaps and timescales for these architectures to ensure the most effective use of technology and digital services
- Act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies and strategies
- To take a lead role in the full life cycle delivery of the technical solutions for Business projects from initial concept, requirements gathering, specification, design, delivery, acceptance and into operational support
- Deliver high-quality implementation of the defined solution to facilitate the realisation of organisational benefit.
- Be responsible for the determination and promulgation of the appropriate: frameworks, standards, libraries and approach to be adopted, in the translation of this architecture into working code; and to keep these up-to-date
- Develop technology strategies and roadmaps
- Develop Secretariat wide technology investment planning
- Develop and optimise the Application landscape.
- Manage the appropriate governance forums to ensure the agreement and maintenance of the overall Enterprise Architecture of the Secretariat and ensure that the process delivers strategic imperatives.
- Degree in IT or related discipline
- Extensive practical Enterprise Architecture experience, certified with a recognised EA framework, e.g. TOGAF
- MCSE - SharePoint or MCTS – SharePoint (Desirable)
- PRINCE2 certified. (Desirable)
- Cloud frameworks
- Proven track record of driving and leading large-scale architectural projects throughout an entire business through to completion
- Knowledge of IT Quality Assurance processes
- Possess 5 years of hands-on experience and a comprehensive understanding of working within Enterprise Architecture environments
- Experience within Solution Design & Architecture
- Robust knowledge within Security Architecture
- Experience of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Applications/Digital Agency background working within architecture
- Experience working within mobile, cloud and infrastructure solutions environments
- In depth ITIL Knowledge
- Proactive Team player
- Experience in reviewing and selecting Technical and Cloud Applications Architectures solutions
- Experience of supporting the procurement of IT Architecture.
- Experience of architecting digital services in Cloud Environments
- Experience of working with 3rd party Technical and Application Architects
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Experience with CRM software
- Exceptional strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability working within pressurised environments whilst making decisive decisions