A leader in the healthcare industry, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a meticulous, detail-orientated, results driven Data Manager with excellent line management and team building skills to lead the Data Management and Reporting Unit. You will be responsible for managing a team of Database Managers, Data Scientists and Database Administrators in establishing and promoting information management principles, practices, guidelines and standards within the organization, ensuring data integrity and quality data outputs, available for program use and reporting.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction, lead and manage the Data Management and Data Science teams
- Data management and use - oversee how the business captures, maintains, visualizes, and applies data and information in order to support key processes
- Build/expand data science capability within the unit
- Ensure accurate, timeous donor reports
- Stakeholder engagement
Essential qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent qualification
- At least 7 years’ experience in managing teams of more than 5 people.
- Passionate about serving business with timeous and accurate reports and visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project.
- Good understanding of information technology, digital data systems and Business Intelligence tools.