A leader in the ICT Sector is seeking a Cognos report developer to join their team on a contractual basis, in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Develop and perform tests on various enterprises and provide dashboard solutions with help of Cognos software and assist all end users.
- Coordinate with data architecture and modeling team to design databases and prepare reports for same.
- Analyze all projects and prepare corporate strategies for same and provide support to all Cognos applications.
- Prepare all reports for management with help of Cognos Report Studio.
- Design all required excel and powerpoint templates and prepare all metadata models in coordination with framework manager.
- Investigate and resolve all data issues and analyze all business requirements and perform interview with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with all customers and analyze test queries and analyze client issues and assist all application analysts to translate all workflow requirements to efficient data points.
- Prepare all designs and code for various Cognos reporting objects and ensure compliance to all best business practices in industry.
- Schedule and ensure compliance to all design code and test activities and prepare plans for same and design various dashboards and maintain required framework for all processes.
- Monitor work and ensure optimal utilization of all SQL scripts and documents all database requirements and analyze data anomalies and prepare reports for cycle.
- Prepare all documents for reporting objects and monitor and resolve all desk ticket issues and perform troubleshoot on all Cognos objects to prepare reports and ensure compliance to all schedule.
- Perform troubleshoot on all Cognos helpdesk tickets and resolve all queries for content and prepare standard reports and ensure accuracy of same.
- Provide support to all Cognos issues and maintain knowledge on all new techniques and prepare reports for all warehouse functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Statistics/Technology/Science/Engineering/Applied Mathematics or a similar quantitate analytics field.
- 6+ years of experience with Cognos BI suite (Framework Modelling (Relational & Dimensional Modelling), Reports, Dashboards and Cubes).
- 6+ years of experience with data warehousing business solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL and ETL solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in AWS.