A leader in the digital innovation space is seeking a Cloud Architect on a contractual basis, the person can be based remotely to fulfil this role in South Africa. The incumbent Cloud Architect will manage the company cloud architecture and position the company in cloud environments. You will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field.
- 3-5+ years' experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.