A leader in the Healthcare Industry, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a Data Scientist to join the Insights and Analytics to create measurable business value for our internal and external clients by working with them to ask great business questions, employing leading fit-for-purpose data analytical methods and techniques, to provide data-driven insights to answer these questions.
About the Job
To contribute to the data-driven culture, helping the business to generate meaningful value from data.
- Engage well with business questions, always probing for the deeper questions and needs, in order to find the best possible solutions for the business.
- Manage a portfolio of analytical projects, always prioritising according to business value.
- Engage effectively with teams in the business to design value-adding analytical solutions to help them deliver their business goals.
- Play a key communication role between business and technical teams to ensure business context is retained when building analytical solutions
- Prepare high-level project delivery plans with business stakeholders, and deliver accordingly.
- Employ lean / agile principles in client delivery, ensuring fast client feedback and great learning from each iteration.
- Build a deep contextual understanding of the business in order to design and propose new solutions that could add meaningful business value.
- Assist teams and stakeholders to create measurement frameworks to understand the proposed and actual value of their initiatives.
- Understand data management processes, with a key focus on data quality and data structure requirements to deliver solutions to business.
- Work closely with the data provisioning team to ensure they are able to provide the reliable, consistent and context rich data assets that Insights requires for great delivery.
- Strong data exploration, analytical and reporting skills
- Strong communication and people-engagement skills
- Ability and desire to uncover the deep business questions and needs of clients
- Keen attention to detail and desire to produce high-quality, value-adding analytical solutions
- Ability to take end-to-end ownership of initiatives, ensuring that adding business value is always the guiding light
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical field (statistics, maths, economics / econometrics or similar)
- At least 5 years’ experience delivering analytical projects or solutions
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and reporting tools
- Strong, demonstrated stakeholder management experience
- Experience working in a high-paced environment, where prioritisation is essential
- Experience with advanced analytical techniques preferable
- Python coding experience preferable