A leader in the digital innovation space is seeking a DevOps Architect to join their team on a contractual basis. This role allows for remote work in South Africa. The Infrastructure Cloud Platform Architect will deliver public cloud platform automation and deployment of development, test and production environments for a range of projects. The successful candidate will lead complex solution delivery for IT projects, working with in-house development teams and/or third parties to design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions.
- Multi-cloud automation tools such as Terraform
- DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Demonstrable expertise in working with public cloud PaaS, CaaS and IaaS tools and environments
- Blueprinting, version control and Infrastructure-as-Code principles.
- Support the development of standard GCP scripts and frameworks to ensure consistency of implementation
- Develop automated deployment pipelines and solutions for infrastructure requirements using Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD, Nexus, Enterprise OS's
- Have a good understanding of Continuous Integration & Development methods and principles
- Proactively support any issues related to infrastructure and application deployments seeking to improve, resolve, and streamline tools and processes to meet the delivery and operational challenges
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards minimising costs (via automation) and shortening feedback cycles
- Work as part of a public-cloud DevOps infrastructure team
- Work closely with both development and operations teams and demonstrate a commitment to their success
- Continuous Integration / Deployment experience with Gitlab CI/CD and Jenkins in particular, similar CI tools as an advantage
- Writing high-quality code using YAML, Terraform, Ansible using Git repositories