A leader in the payment systems space, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a Data Acquisition Consultant as a short-term interface role that focuses on the collection and delivery of confirmed fraud data. The short-term role will be based off-site(s) and focus on transferring data accurately, timeously and securely between fraud system(s).
The Data Acquisition Consultant will be responsible for discovering efficient ways to organize, analyse, and disseminate the data and respective workflows with attention to standards, quality, security and confidentiality. The Data Acquisition Consultant will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify integration improvements. Must be tech-savvy and possess excellent trouble shooting skills.
Key stakeholders the Data Acquisition Specialist will engage with are:
- External Stakeholders such as fraud operation departments and fraud data analytics teams
- Internal Stakeholders such as product owners, CRM, IT delivery and service desk
- Manage and control individual and relevant project / intervention costs
- Ensure relevant claims and submissions are timeous following due process
- Map key stakeholders within fraud network
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to enable effective contribution to the project goals and fraud data reporting requirements
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings, presenting feedback in relation to project deliverables with Key Stakeholders
- Deliver on project deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Manage and deliver on internal and external stakeholder agreed expectations and SLA’s in relation to the project
- Develop and implement plan to increase confirmed fraud data into specified fraud service
- Act as liaison and interface between respective teams to promote integration and adoption of specified fraud service
- Develop workflows for the effective integration and ingestion of confirmed fraud data into specified fraud service
- Map fraud workflows and data process flows
- Educate and promote fraud services value proposition
- Identify, communicate and manage risk(s) in relation to the project with relevant stakeholders
- Investigate and provide solutions to queries on site
- Develop and submit weekly reporting, statistics against project deliverables
- Policies and procedures: Provide input into relevant policies and procedures
- Compliance: Comply with relevant policies & procedures, regulation and legislation
- Risk: Identify and escalate risks appropriately
Qualifications and or Requirements:
- Degree in IT in computer science/info systems
- Advanced Excel experience
- Strong Data Management/Data Architecture and Systems Management background
- Understanding of multiple databases and how systems integrate
- 2+ years relevant experience in areas such as data cleaning and data processing.
- Strong communications skills are required, including the ability to present to and interface well with employees, customers and prospective clients.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, across the organization, as well as work independently.
- Proven ability to exceed goals in dynamic, fast changing environment