A leader in the financial services arena, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a SAS Developer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for loading, validating, managing and analyzing data for internal and collaborative research projects
- Responsible for assisting with data storage and management issues around both new and ongoing projects within the Division.
- Responsible for working with other research staff within the Division to help specify appropriate analytical data files for the research question under investigation.
- Responsible for creating and carefully documenting all derived analytical data files so that they can be understood and used by other members of the research team.
- Works with statisticians and researchers to implement the appropriate data analyses in SAS for a particular study. Uses additional statistical packages, or other high level programming languages as appropriate.
- Documents and archives all aspects of analyses and data management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- 5 years of experience with SAS programming in a health care environment
- Proficiency with SAS/BASE (Data step programming) and SAS/SQL or other relational database software (e.g., Oracle)
- Minimum Bachelors/Master’s preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary research team
- Experience with statistical analysis and SAS/STAT procedures
- Experience with health care claims data
- Experience with relational database systems
- Graduate education in epidemiology, biostatistics, or computer science