A leader in the Insurance Space, based in Johannesburg, is looking for a Product Actuary to research, development and implementation of innovative insurance products and rewards mechanisms
Areas of responsibility may include the following
- Research into new insurance products and risks to make informed and innovative product development decisions.
- Key involvement in the design, development and implementation of new products.
- Analytical and pricing capabilities to understand the financial implications and parameters involved when developing new products, to ensure profitable results.
- Collaboration with various teams within Insure and the group on product development and strategic projects.
- Working with other teams to ensure products are operating in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Monitoring and reporting ongoing results to ensure products are producing optimal results.
Personal Attributes and skills
- Modelling skills preferred
- Programming skills:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) – advanced level of Excel
- Ability to simplify ambiguous information
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Leadership qualities
- Project and people management
- Advanced modelling skills
- Statistical knowledge
- Analytical capabilities
Education and Experience
- Matric (Essential)
- Fully completed actuarial qualification (Essential)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Product development role (advantageous);
- 3-5 years’ experience in short-term insurance (advantageous)