A leader in the Business Banking space, based in Johannesburg, is looking for an Enterprise Data Steward who will support the establishment and implementation of an Enterprise Data Governance framework across the primary focus areas of metadata, data quality, stewardship, policies, and procedures. This position involves working effectively with a variety of cross-functional partners to monitor and assess adherence to data management and governance procedures, focusing on the importance of good quality data to drive business decisions. By working with the stakeholders within each business area, the Enterprise Data Steward will ensure data definitions and business rules are written, approved, implemented and maintained in appropriate DG tools.
- Work with other related teams to execute an enterprise-wide data governance, control and compliance policy.
- Create and manage core metadata by working with business streams to document data dictionaries, relationships, mappings, and data lineage as set forth in standards with a broad Enterprise view. Drives resolution of source, definition, naming, and business rule conflicts among consuming applications and user communities.
- Troubleshoot Data Governance-related problems, gain approval and escalate, as/if necessary.
- Monitor data quality, identify issues and trends, oversee remediation plans, implement data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the implementation of data management tools and training for related tools.
- Define and improve processes for managing data along its lifecycle; operationalize data management and governance activities. Focus on sourcing and quality of critical data as well as identification and protection of sensitive data.
- Develop and deliver data governance training as needed to data stewards and other stakeholders.
- Measure the Arvest data maturity progress through metrics reporting.
- Translate business requirements to data requirements via data analysis, source to target mappings and profiling
- Communicate with Data Owners etc. Data quality measurements and plans.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, as applicable to your job duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business administration, business analytics, or computer science or relevant work experience required.
- 7 years of professional experience in data management, data governance, data management frameworks, metadata/master data management, data quality, policy creation, data standards and controls or relevant work experience required.
- Experience working across functional levels in a mid-size or large organization and with outside consultants and advisors required.